My friend Robin "blog tagged" me with a book meme. Here are the rules:
- Grab the nearest book.
- Open to page 56.
- Find the fifth sentence.
- Post the next two to five sentences in your blog with these instructions.
- Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one - pick the CLOSEST.
- Tag five other people to do the same.
I grabbed How I Photograph Wildlife and Nature by Leonard Lee Rue. It was at the top of a stack of photography books next to our desk.
"I have worked from small powerboats in both East and South Africa to get close to some water species. I got some excellent crocodile photographs on the Nile. In the swamps of South Africa it was not safe to get out of the boat because these rapacious lizards can travel at amazing speeds for short distances on land. The guide said that anything that stepped out on land in the swamp was automatically booked on the croc's luncheon menu."
For the record, crocodiles are not lizards. :-)
So if the following peeps want to join in . . . tag you're it!
Val
Travis
Eileen
Rob and Kathleen
Tony
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Ha, ha I opened your blog in my kitchen the closest books are cook books, lol. I'll see how it goes ;-)
We are so behind on reading blogs...lol. I just say that you tagged us, thank you :)! We will keep this going soon, we are out of town for the next few days. Hope you have been well, it was good seeing you at the PUG!
Doh! You got me. I had fun with this one. But now I want to read a new book and I just don't have the time! ; )
Post a Comment